- How To Reset Automatic Door Lock On A Ford
- How To Reset Automatic Door Lock On A Chevrolet
- How To Reset Automatic Door Lock On A Honda
- How To Reset Automatic Door Lock On A Toyota
- How To Reset Automatic Door Lock On A Jeep
- How To Reset Automatic Door Lock On A Lexus
- How To Reset Automatic Door Lock On A Nissan
- How To Reset Automatic Door Lock On A Volvo
- Didn’t Find How To Reset Your Car’s Automatic Door Locks?
There are several reasons why you’ll need to reset your automatic door locks. For instance, you may drive a rideshare car and wish to allow your passengers to hop in quicker.
Or you may not be a big fan of the speed-sensing locks that come with your car.
Regardless of the cause, you’ll need to reset your car’s automatic door locks to enjoy being behind the wheel entirely. And this is what this guide will help you do.
In the following lines, you’ll learn how to carry this out in eight leading car brands.
How To Reset Automatic Door Lock On A Ford
Ford needs no introduction. The brand has been going strong for almost a century.
If you wish to reset your Ford’s door locks, all you need to do is follow the steps below.
- First, turn on the car and press the unlock door button thrice.
- Turn the car off and press the unlock door button thrice.
- Now, turn on your car. You’ll hear a sound that indicates you’re in the programming mode.
- Press the lock button in your vehicle, followed immediately by the unlock button.
- If you hear a single horn, the automatic door locks have been turned off. Two horn sounds mean the feature is back on.
How To Reset Automatic Door Lock On A Chevrolet
Chevrolet cars are pretty popular as they’re powerful, efficient, and high-tech. However, not all models support resetting automatic door locks.
If yours does, here’s how you can get this job done.
- Unlock all the doors without switching on the car’s engine.
- Pull back and hold the turn signal.
- Turn the ignition to the ‘On’ or ‘Run’ position, then turn it off.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 one more time.
- With the key in the ‘Off’ position, release the lever. It will make the car lock and unlock.
- Finally, disable the automatic locks by pressing the power door lock button twice.
How To Reset Automatic Door Lock On A Honda
There’s no doubt that Honda has established itself as the manufacturer of high-tech vehicles. And that’s why it’s one of the popular rides around.
You can use the following method to program and reset your car’s automatic door locks.
- On the center display, press the Home button.
- Once Settings opens, select vehicle, followed by Door setup.
- Tap on ‘Auto door lock’ or ‘Auto door unlock.’
- Next, choose from the settings associated with each option. For example, under ‘Auto door lock,’ you can select ‘Shift from P’ to lock doors when shifting out of park position.
- Finally, tap on ‘Save.’
How To Reset Automatic Door Lock On A Toyota
Toyota offers many options for its automatic door locking and unlocking systems. If your car has an automatic or continuously variable transmission, you can choose which position locks/unlocks the doors.
Here’s how you can access these functions.
- Close all the doors and switch the engine to ‘on’ within 20 seconds.
- Shift the shift lever to ‘P’ or ‘N’ and hold the door lock switch for five seconds.
- To cancel the function, use the same steps.
On the other hand, owners of cars with an intelligent key system can select the speed linked to door locking. If you belong in this group, here’s how you can customize the locks on an intelligent key system.
- Turn the engine off and wait for the indicator light to go off.
- Hold the ‘unlock,’ ‘car,’ and ‘volume’ buttons for five seconds while pressing and holding the lock button.
- As you change settings, release the buttons for five seconds and repeat the second step.
How To Reset Automatic Door Lock On A Jeep
Jeep has a firm standing in the American market and quickly earns global recognition.
If your Jeep model supports automatic door locks, you can easily reset this feature on your own.
However, the method you follow will differ depending on whether your car has the EVIC (Electronic Vehicle Information Control) system.
Resetting Automatic Door Locks With EVIC
- Put the car in ‘Park’ mode, then switch on the engine.
- Tap on ‘Menu’ until ‘Personal Settings’ appears on the dashboard.
- Scroll until you locate ‘Auto Door Locks.’
- Press’ function Select’ and make the changes you need.
- Finally, turn the engine off.
Resetting Automatic Door Locks Without EVIC
- Insert the key into the ignition without turning it.
- Close all the doors without locking them.
- Turn the key from ‘Lock’ to ‘On’ four times.
- Finally, press the lock button on the power door lock switch.
How To Reset Automatic Door Lock On A Lexus
Lexus is a luxury brand with fans all over the world. If you have a Lexus, you can easily reset the door lock on your car.
All you need to do is follow two straightforward steps, and those are:
- While the car is on neutral, press and hold the unlock button.
- After five seconds, release the button.
- Repeat the previous two steps, but this time while holding the lock button.
How To Reset Automatic Door Lock On A Nissan
Nissan is a reliable brand, proven by its high position on reliability rankings tables. If you drive one of these and wish to reset its auto door locks, below are the steps you need.
- Close the doors of your car.
- Turn the ignition switch to ‘On.’
- Push the power door lock switch to the unlock position. Hold the switch down for no less than five seconds. If the feature is activated, the hazard indicator will flash two times. On the other hand, deactivating the feature will make it flash once.
Make sure to shift the ignition switch between ‘Off’ and ‘On’ during each setting change. Also, perform step 3 within 20 minutes, or you’ll need to restart the whole process.
How To Reset Automatic Door Lock On A Volvo
Volvo has become one of the top car brands over the past few years. So, chances are you have one whose automatic door locks you need to reset.
You only need to follow three steps to get the job done if you’re right.
- On the center display, tap on ‘Settings.’
- Press on ‘My Car – Locking.’
- To change the functionality, select ‘Auto Doors While Driving.’
Didn’t Find How To Reset Your Car’s Automatic Door Locks?
As you may have noticed, most car brands have similar methods for resetting automatic door locks. So, if you can access the menu or automatic door locks feature in your vehicle, you can easily reset it.
Refer to the vehicle’s owner manual if you wish to be extra cautious. You’ll find the details you need there.
That is if your vehicle supports automatic door locks.
Still not sure what to do? Maybe a trip to the car dealership will help.
They’ll also guide you on whether your model has this feature in the first place. Just make to take notes (and maybe grab a copy of the owner’s manual).
That way, you can do this on your own next time.
Patrick started his love affair with cars in his childhood. Over the years, he claims a sturdy hold on his driving skills, along with a thorough understanding of cars. We can expect some interesting, holistic, and pleasurable blogs with his flair for writing and his love for cars.
Being a car enthusiast, Patrick has experience comprising of two decades in which he has ridden some of the meanest and strongest machines in the automotive industry. His previous avatars include an automotive professional, photographer, and journalist, and you will certainly experience the roundness of experience in his piece on this site.
In his second decade of reviewing cars and analyzing tools, Patrick is all set to give you convincing, reliable, and the latest information regarding what’s happening in the automotive industry. Currently, he owns a BMW Z3 but cannot get his eyes off Aston Martin DB5. He is a car enthusiast; he loves cooking and listening to music, especially jazz. Here are some of the pieces written by our ace author.